Have you ever wished you can get acrylic strength that’s gentler on natural nails, without stepping into a salon? The KISS revolutionary Salon Dip System delivers all you need to create a professional quality dip powder manicure, right at home! The flawless results previously only achieved by professionals can now be yours, and we tapped YouTube Star & Nail Artist LongHairPrettyNails to show you how to DIY it!
SAVE THE DATE: LHPN will be hosting a LIVE KISS Salon Dip Masterclass on 6/8 at 7pm EST.
We recently caught up with the self-taught nail artist to learn a little about how she is preparing for hosting the class.
The online nail community (and beauty lovers in general) all get SO excited when you host a Masterclass. Do you enjoy doing them?
Yes, the Masterclasses are so much fun! I love being able to be LIVE and doing nails with this wonderful community of nail lovers.
Tell us about some behind-the-scenes prep work you do to prepare when you’re about to go LIVE. (I loved your GelPRESS Masterclass, it was so good and you’re such a natural!)
Thank you! To prepare for a Masterclass I first make sure to have a cup of coffee lol. Gotta make sure that energy is up! The Masterclasses are so aligned with how I normally film my nail videos that there’s not much prep to do. Just the basics like making sure all of the products I need are close by. I also try to open the products beforehand so I’m not fumbling and trying to open them LIVE. That could be a little awkward lol.
Your upcoming LIVE Masterclass, you’re showing us all how to use the KISS Salon Dip Kit. When did you first discover KISS Salon Dip and what do you love most about the kit?
I’ve seen the KISS Salon Dip in stores but I didn’t officially try it out until 2019. I used it for the first time in my now viral “DIY Testing Kiss Dip Powder Nail Kit” video. I love how easy it is to use and it comes with pretty much everything you need.
Salon Dip always seemed like something that you needed to go to salon for…is it easy to DIY it? Do you need a certain skill level to try it at home with the Kit?
The KISS Salon Dip is definitely easy enough to do at home. I don’t believe you need a certain skill level. The instructions are easy to follow, and the products are not complicated to use. I think anyone will be able to use this kit and achieve beautiful nails in the process.
Is there anything we need to do to prepare for your Masterclass? Can we do it alongside you?
Absolutely! I love it when my fans follow along. The only thing you need is your KISS Salon Dip kit and positive vibes.
TRY IT AT HOME
Save 20% off sitewide – use code: NAILEDITWITHKISS (offer ends 5/11)
KISS SALON DIP STARTER KIT - All Hail
KISS SALON DIP COLOR PALETTE - Rose Garden
Salon Dip Color System How-To
- Prep nails (buff, clean nails with acetone, push back cuticles, etc.)
- One nail at a time, apply the base gel and immediately dip the fingernail into the powder. Shake off excess and repeat on all ten nails.
- Gently brush off excess powder with sponge (included) on all ten nails
- One nail at a time, apply a second layer of Base Gel, making sure to wipe the brush on a paper towel between each application (before returning the brush to the bottle), and dip immediately into the power. Repeat on all ten nails and shake off excess powder.
- Apply a generous amount of Activator to all ten nails.
- File, shape, and buff and gently brush off excess powder with sponge (included).
- Re-apply the Activator to all ten nails. Remove excess Activator with a dry paper towel.
- Apply two even layers of Top Gel and let air dry for 5-10 minutes