Margot Robbie’s striking ponytail look at the highly anticipated ‘Barbie’ Movie World Premiere in Los Angeles was nothing short of a masterpiece. Created by Celebrity Hairstylist, Bryce Scarlett, her look was made possible by the extraordinary Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate line.
The Acidic Bonding Concentrate line, celebrated for its revolutionary hair care science, was key in preparing Robbie’s hair for its big moment. Known for its power to significantly improve hair’s strength, smoothness, shine and overall health, Redken’s Acidic Bonding Concentrate was the perfect tool in the hands of Scarlett to bring the iconic Barbie hair to life.
Scarlett was able to beautifully tame and enhance Robbie’s strands by prepping hair with Redken styling products, including Quick and Big Blowout to maximize volume. Locked in for the night with Redken Max Hold Hairspray, this effortlessly chic ponytail style perfectly encapsulates the spirit of Barbie for the World Premiere.
“I was inspired to do this doll-like ponytail from the 1960s to coordinate with her stunning 60s-inspired custom Schiaparelli gown.” – Bryce Scarlett on Margot Robbie’s premiere look
GET THE LOOK
- First, prep Margot’s dry hair by detangling with Tangle Teezer’s The Wide Tooth Comb, which has a dual-sided design for quick, gentle detangling with reduced breakage. Follow by shampooing with Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo, then misting hair with Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Lightweight Liquid Conditioner. Before rinsing, brush Redken product through hair using Tangle Teezer’s The Ultimate Detangler for even distribution.
- On freshly washed and detangled hair, apply Redken Quick Blowout from roots to ends to decrease blow dry time and add heat protection layer on top of that with Redken Big Blowout for maximum volume.
- Dry hair in large sections and set in Velcro rollers. Once cooled, section out a ponytail leaving out the 2 inches of her hairline around the entire head using the Tangle Teezer’s The Ultimate Styler, which gave her hair a smooth and shiny finish. Smooth back and secure the inner ponytail with hair ties. Set the entire ponytail into 2-inch curls, as well as the hairline sections we left out of the ponytail. Once cooled, use Tangle Teezer’s The Ultimate Styler to brush out curls gently and start to shape the bang area and the ponytail into a polished yet full finish. Set the entire look with Redken Max Hold Hairspray for a flexible hold that shines
Ever wonder how Barbie’s perfect blonde hair is achieved? Look no further as we are working with colorist, Jacobschwartzhair, who was responsible for creating Margot Robbie’s iconic Barbie Blonde COLOR using BLONDME for the ‘Barbie’ Premiere! He finishes the look with BLONDME All Blondes Rich Shampoo & Conditioner to maintain and protect the color.
“I really wanted Margot’s blonde to embody Barbie on the red carpet without it being so obvious and over bleached. When the light hits her hair I wanted to sparkle and bounce like those legendary blonde supermodel and actresses of the 90’s” – Expert Celebrity Hair Colorist, Jacob Schwartz
GET THE LOOK
- Using fine weaves, highlight using a babylight technique with BLONDME premium lightener 9+ with 20 volume BLONDME premium developer to create even lift while protecting the bonds in the hair. I like that the BLONDME developers have higher level of care ingredients inside the bottle (oil) so it helps to also protect the cuticle during development & the Schwarzkopf IGORA VIBRANCE has Aquaxyl which helps maintain / add moisture in the hair while toning)
- Lift to a golden light blonde (#SchwarzkopfUSA #spunwithgold) and then cleanse the hair using the BLONDME All Blondes Rich Shampooand BLONDME All Blondes Rich Conditioner.This will help to build new bonds in the hair and prepare it for an even toning application.
- On Damp hair apply Schwarzkopf IGORA VIBRANCE to tone the blonde and add shine. Use 9-0 around the hairline to maintain brightness and 7-0 for a shadow root on the top half of the head and 6-0 underneath the crown for extra depth at the base mixed with 6-Volume gel activator. I like that IGORA Vibrance is Alkaline as I find it gives better penetration and longevity.
- For the mid-lengths and ends, apply a mixture of IGORA VIBRANCE 9-0+9-4+8-46 with equal parts 1.9% / 6-Volume gel activator to create a beautiful lived in warm blonde tone. I love that Demi offers longevity without the commitment of build-up.
- Develop for 15 to 20 minutes
- Carefully rinse the deeper base color first while holding the lighter pieces up to maintain brightness on the ends. Finish with another shampoo and condition with the BLONDME All Blondes Rich Shampooand BLONDME All Blondes Rich Conditionerto seal the color and rebuild strength in the hair.