Want to know the secret behind actress Shay Mitchell’s fierce and flirty Oscar party-ready lashes? She’s wearing FALSCARA DIY Lash Extensions. Not only are these wow-worthy drugstore lashes easy to do, they are incredibly budget-friendly as well. It’s the ultimate win-win!
We asked Ash K Holm, the celebrity makeup artist who created actress Mitchell’s feminine and sexy look for the star-studded Vanity Fair Oscars After-Party to share all the details.
“Since Shay’s makeup was all about a warm monochromatic look, I knew I needed to customize her lash with spiky and volumized KISS FALSCARA Wisps,” says Holm. “The wisps have become a red carpet staple for me since the collection launched! The line’s versatility allows me to customize every look for my clients.”
How Ash K Holm Created the Look:
- “For Shay’s look, I started from the outer corner of the eyes and applied a thin layer of bond to her natural lashes. Then applied a medium KISS Falscara Accent Wisp ($7.99) for a spikier lash texture.
- To keep the application smooth and never sticky I coated my KISS Lash Applicator with the Seal on the front and back side. I like to apply the Bond in sections to keep the lashes fresh. Then I alternated each wipe with KISS Falscara So X-tra Wisps
- By alternating these two styles, it allowed me to create more depth across her and added a bit of edginess to the look. To lock in this style I always apply the seal at the end. You basically coat the lashes just as you would mascara from the root to the tips of the lashes. This locks the wisps in place and removes any stickiness.
- Depending on how you style a lash can change the entire vibe of a makeup look and I love how many options you can find in the KISS FALSCARA line. It has been a game changer when getting my clients ready!”
How to apply FALSCARA:
- Brush a light coat of BOND on natural lashes. A little goes a long way!
- Use the included APPLICATOR to pluck a WISP from the tray. As shown, pick up a WISP from the middle-outer end for optimal control. One by one, gently place the WISPS underneath the base of your natural lashes, slightly away from the waterline. Apply wisps starting from the outer corner of lash line, working inwards (or vice versa). Place WISPS right next to each other for a seamless look.
- Dab a thin coat of SEAL under WISPS to eliminate any sticky residue and hold WISPS in place.
Pro tips: If needed, after applying SEAL under WISPS, use the APPLICATOR or your fingers to squeeze the WISPS against your natural lashes; this helps the WISPS adhere for a more secure hold.
SHOP THE LOOK
KISS Falscara Starter Kit | $19.99
Lash Extensions, minus the time, hassle, and expense! Gentle formula is safe on natural lashes. Falscara lashes are tiny wisps of featherlight false lashes that go under your natural lashes, so results look as natural as lash extensions. Go subtle or super glam–WISPS are buildable and customizable.