When it comes to social media beauty inspiration, KISS content creators Chrissy A. Diaoune and Ashley Louis are –hands down–second to none. The two film up to 20 lash and nail videos a week combined, and it’s so important for them to always keep their nails in tip-top shape. How do they keep their nails healthy, protected, and always on point? Their secret: The KISS Before and After Kit, the ultimate set of essential tools for false nails.
The Before Kit preps your natural nails before you apply nails to get the most long-lasting wear, and the After Kit safely removes nails properly without damaging your natural nails. The kit has everything you need for the perfect DIY manicure. Some of the benefits we love:
- Great for emergency touch-ups
- Take it with you wherever you go
- Two convenient storage pouches
- Protects the health of your natural nails
But don’t just take our word for it. Ahead, Chrissy and Ashley chime in on their secret to insta-worty nails and the reasons they rely on the KISS Before and After Kit for all their follow-worthy content creation.
On the importance keeping nails healthy and protected when filming content
Chrissy: Taking care of your nails is super important, especially if you’re always making nail content! If you’re using chemicals, adhesives, or artificial nails all the time, you really need an easy and affordable way to properly care for them.
Ashley: SUPER important! My hands are always for all the KISS content I create. I have to make sure my nails look polished off and off camera.
On the benefits of the KISS Before and After Kit
Chrissy: As a content creator, I often film multiple videos per day, which means I need to remove my nails quickly and safely and get them prepped for the next step. That’s where the KISS Before and After Kit comes in handy! It’s been a game-changer for me, making it so much easier and faster to remove my nails while minimizing damage and protecting my natural nails.
Ashley: Most of the time, I already have a set of nails on. Some content that I create would consist of me gluing the nails on for demonstration purposes. The before kit helps my nails look clean, polished, and you won’t even be able to tell that I had a set of nails on before.
Why I love using the kit when I’m on the go
Chrissy: Not only is the nail care kit effective, but it’s also incredibly convenient and portable. Its small and compact packaging makes it easy to bring with you wherever you go, whether it’s in your purse or when you’re out and about. This means you can take care of your nails on-the-go without any hassle. Overall, the kit’s portability and convenience make it a great choice for anyone looking for an efficient and effective nail care solution.
Ashley: It fits right into my pockets or even my purse. I can take it wherever and put it right back in its packaging. I’m in the “mini purse” era and the kit just perfectly fits well into my little purse.
What I love about the KISS Before and After Kit
Chrissy: With all the tools and products included in the kit, I feel like I have everything I need right at my fingertips (pun intended!). It’s super convenient, and it’s saved me time and hassle, especially when I’m filming multiple videos in a day. Overall, I’m really impressed with the effectiveness and efficiency of the kit and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to remove their nails safely and quickly.
Ashley: Personally, it has my nails looking more nourished. Switching out nail sets every week can cause stress on your nails beds so it is definitely needed. This kit keeps make nails looking and feel much healthier and stronger…and it makes the application of nails much easier as well. Some people don’t know that press-on nails look (and lasts) so much longer when the base is properly cared for.
Shop KISS Before and After Kit
How to use the Before Kit:
- Care Tool: Use one side to push cuticles back; use the other side to neaten cuticles.
- Buffer: Use 2-sided Buffer to gently prep and smooth your nails.
- Prep & After Pad: Wipe nail surfaces to remove dirt and oil.
- Care Pad: As soon as you glue on KISS nails, use Care Pad to wipe off any excess glue on nails and skin.
- Mini File: If needed, use 2-sided Mini File to create any nail shape you like.
How to use the After Kit:
- Trim nails; use Mini File on nail surface to disrupt gel coating.
- Apply KISS Glue Off (sold separately) between false and natural nails. Or, soak nails in acetone polish remover until soft.
- Nail Remover Tool: Nudge pointy end between natural and false nails until the false nail lifts off.
- Prep & After Pad: Use to clean natural nail surface.
- Buffer: Buff natural nail surface to remove any remaining glue residue.
- Care Pad: Use to clean and nourish nails.